Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Week 2, Recap

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2006
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Week 2

    With the second week of the regular season down, things are looking dramatically different from last year. The top three teams from last year are now 0-2, two newcomers seem to be establishing some dominance and Jeri's team won for the first time in a year. It's anyone's season this year, and here are the scores!

    1. Ron 75, Jose 64: Another solid win for Ron's team, which still needs a name. A huge game from the Giants and San Diego made this win almost a foregone conclusion, while the Jose Experience continues to be betrayed by a Carolina team that's forgotten how to play football. Oy, with the Panthers.

    2. Jeri 79, Darren 66: Read that again. After weeks of straight losses, GRITS wins a big one over Lendonian Supremacy. As he suspected, Darren was hurt by a Cleveland team that had no chance against Cincinnati's offense -- his total defense was matched directly against her total score -- and things went off the rails. Darren's starting defense, meanwhile, gave up only 10 points to Arizona, but it wouldn't have made a difference. A fated loss.

    3. Anthony 73, Murray 61: Despite a crummy game from Denver, Cooking with Gas won handily over Team Venture, making both teams an even 1-1. Week 3 could be an interesting one for these two. For it's part, T.V. played solidly, but couldn't overcome a 352-yard passing day from Cincinnati. Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals, indeed.

    4. Megan 95, Rob 52: Remember last year when Jon was posting crazy scores like this? Christ. Megan's team got a huge 400-yard passing day from the Colts -- plus a 300-yard rushing day from Atlanta! What? -- and no team would have had a chance. The Slayers certainly weren't helped by a Pittsburgh team that slept through their game last night, but still. Holy mother.

    5. MJ 92, Jon 71: I'm as surprised as you are. The Gross Miscarriage of Justice scored more points than they ever have last week, beating up on a Jersey Jons team hurt by a crummy performance from the Eagles. Oh, the misery in Philadelphia. The Miscarriage, like Ron's team, got the win from a huge performance by the Giants, and don't think they don't know it. Keep an eye on that New York team, folks.

    There you have it. The schedule is still on the board and the standings are also posted. After Sunday's games, I'll also post the waiver wire, so some of us can hurry up and get rid of those dead-weight teams. Of which there are a few.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner mpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2006
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Grrr. The standings sheet doesn't reproduce well on the bulletin board here, so I'll just email the standings to everyone. There's a three-way tie for second place in Division B, so we'll see what happens.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2006
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Even if Pitt had scored 100 pts I still would have lost. G'damn Michael Vick!

    Well played, Megan.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Grr, indeed, Mr. Jackson. But not about the standings. More about your win. Congrats.

    Stupid Trent Cole penalty. Stupid Kearse knee injury. Dare I say this week is a must win for the Double Js?

    The best part? I'm still thinking about playing the Eagles D against the Niners on Sunday.

    Somebody shoot me now. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

    Well-played, everyone who turned last year's standings upside down.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Baldric's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2006
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    >"Darren's starting defense, meanwhile, gave up only 10 points to Arizona, but it wouldn't have made a difference. A fated loss."

    I'm glad I didn't use my starting defense. I would have lost 79 to 78. I wouldn't have slept for days. Plus, this teaches me the very valuable lesson of "Trust the Seahawks!"

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner mpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2006
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > I'm glad I didn't use my starting defense. I would have lost 79 to 78. I wouldn't have slept for days.

    When I did the scores, I realized the total and thought, "in this case, it's probably better that he lost the way he did. A one-point difference would have been heartbreaking."

    And then I giggled a little. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner mpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2006
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, the hell is with these little graphic smiley faces? Am I the only one who thinks he's in kindergarten here?

    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Oy.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2006
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the morning, I drink [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] . Sometimes it [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] , sometimes, it's [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] . But why, Lord, do I feel like there's never enough [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] for [img]graemlins/pizza.gif[/img] and [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] ? Why?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2006
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You get more strange each day Zlock.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner mpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2006
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    > In the morning, I drink [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] etc. etc.

    I thought this was hysterical. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going back to [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

    Jesus. So stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •